Tuesday, August 14, 2012

social work in ireland


social work in ireland?
I have no intention of moving to Ireland in the next 5 years, but sometime after that is a huge possibility for me. I understand that Ireland is struggling at the moment and that there is a significant lack of jobs available. However, I was wondering if anyone knew about job opportunities in Social Work? I will be getting my Master's Degree in Social Work and hope to work with mental health or specialize in children and families. How strong is the need for Social Workers in Ireland?
Other - Ireland - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Social workers get paid a lot, especially if they work on Sundays. However, it's a very popular course and jobs will always be given to Europeans first. Ireland doesn't really need Social Workers from the Americas, Australia etc. You might find it hard to get a job.
2 :
AS you are not moving for over five years then its not a problem. Lots of jobs in ten years time. Booming economy and maases of mental health issues. You can pick and choose.