Saturday, July 14, 2012

If a US citizen is married to an Irish citizen and wants to live and work in Ireland what do I need to do


If a US citizen is married to an Irish citizen and wants to live and work in Ireland what do I need to do?

Other - Ireland - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
www.passport.ie im an irish citizen in uk i always use this web site or contact through this web site
2 :
Contact an immigration lawyer. I wouldn't base you entire lives on the back of an offhand comment you get on Yahoo Answers!...this is speaking as someone who has emigrated, got married and dealt with these issues. YA is great for getting answers to slightly inane questions but not important matters like this.
3 :
It is pretty easy, although it doesn't mean it happens quickly.The only place you need to go is - http://foreignaffairs.gov.ie http://www.secretireland.blogspot.com
4 :
It has been over 8 years since my hubby (irish) and I (american) got married, so I don't know if things have changed, and if it matters where you got married (we were married over in Ireland). But after we got married, I went to the embassy and it most just lots and lots of paper work, but it was a pretty simple process. Now on the other hand, when my husband was applying for his green card when we decided to come back to the states, it was a lot of work, paperwork, medical, interviews, over night stays etc. It was so much easier for me than it was for him. Good luck.