Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Will my iPhone work in Ireland


Will my iPhone work in Ireland?
I live in Colorado, USA and I'm going to Dublin, Ireland for a friends wedding this June. Will my iPhone with standard AT&T service work there. Is there any additional charges for using it there? Should I contact AT&T prior to my trip? What about chargers, do I need adapters for the plug ins? Thanks for your help.
Other - Ireland - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your iPhone will work, but there will be additional charges for using it. Making calls and sending texts will cost more, and you will also be charged to receive calls, however I don't think you will be charged extra to receive texts. Contact AT&T to find out exactly what these charges will be. I always play it safe and use a payphone for making calls abroad, that way I know what I've paid and won't get any nasty surprises. You will need an adaptor as we have three pronged plugs here: http://z.about.com/d/gouk/1/0/Q/1/-/-/wall.jpg
2 :
I Should Be Doing Something Else's answer is fine, but in addition to an adaptor, you'll need a transformer, because in Ireland the electricity is different, and if you plug your phone in in Ireland without one, it will fry.