Thursday, July 21, 2011

I had applied for a work in Ireland as customer service. and they required me a work permit number


I had applied for a work in Ireland as customer service. and they required me a work permit number.?
I am a Filipino, they said that I need to have a work permit number before they will process my application. I don't know where and what site will I go to apply for the said permit number. thanks a lot
Other - Ireland - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think you would be able to get a work permit, to be honest with you. Customer Service does not generally require any qualifications or a hard to find skillset, therefore there would be no need for the employer to look to non-EU candidates to fill the vacancy, not when there are so many unemployed Irish people who need the job.
2 :
If you have a job offer, which I think you have, then you should take that letter to your nearest Irish Embassy or Consulate and give them a copy and say that you would like the necessary document as you have a chance to apply for a job. Normally how it works for non-EU nationals is that you get the job offer in writing, then contact the Irish (or other EU country's) government for the work permit.