Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Will my credit cards I got in America work in Ireland


Will my credit cards I got in America work in Ireland?
I'm a US resident but traveling to Ireland.
Credit - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Visa, Mastercard and American Express are recognized in most countries. Watch out for fees.
2 :
Actually, they may not in all places because Europe has a chip system that we do not have in the US. You need to call each card & talk to someone who knows about the European system. Also, they may be hefty fees for each transaction (to convert the exchange rate), so you need to ask what they are & how much.
3 :
Yes they will if they except the logo. The only catch is if they do not take american money here is what happens. As of that day they will do this.. Euro- American money Have fun there Bill