Saturday, August 7, 2010

If you do not want to work in Ireland do they have welfare? How much is it


If you do not want to work in Ireland do they have welfare? How much is it?
I am not lazy, I am retired on a pension. I just wanted to know about the welfare system in Ireland. I was thinking about moving to Ireland. I read that you have alot of immigrants in Ireland, I wanted to know if they could become deadbeats. I am 60, I worked for ATT (30 years)
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
DON'T BE LAZY, GET A JOB!!!!
2 :
Not enough to live on. all countries have their own welfare system, but it seems the US pays the best. No wonder
3 :
They're welfare sucks. America is better. Isn't that just the luck of the welfare irish?!
4 :
You original question makes you sound lazy. Wanting to go to a foreign country for benefits and don't want to work. Depending on what country you're from you should be able to transfer your pension/ superannuation to yourself once you're in Ireland. Ireland doesn't make any provision for foreigners wanting to move there to mooch off the system though. You actually do need to have paid money into the system to be able to qualify for welfare. See link for more details.