Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How can I get a work permit to work in Ireland


How can I get a work permit to work in Ireland?
I am 22 years old here on a visitor's visa. I do not have my college degree yet, but I want to attend school here in Ireland eventually. I am almost done, but right now I would like to work. What companies do you think would be open to sponsoring an American to work for them and to take care of my working permit? I have already applied for my PPS number and am waiting for it. I don't know what to do. I have submitted my resume to jobs.ie.
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you're entitled to a PPS number then you must be an Irish citizen or an EU citizen so you dont need a permit. You just get a job in the same any Irish person does, you just send out your CV and go to interviews. Try joining a recruitment agency too, they can be useful in finding temping jobs to get you going while you look for something more permanent.