Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Which other countries can I visit without a visa if I have an Ireland work permit


Which other countries can I visit without a visa if I have an Ireland work permit?
I am about to be employed by a company in Ireland. I presume I would be getting a European Union Work Permit? Which other countries is the work permit good for (a) employment or (b) travel? What I mean to ask is, can I also work in some other countries with that work permit, or its only for Ireland? Which other countres can I visit (just for leisure) without requiring a Visa?
Other - Ireland - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A work permit is good for employment in that country alone. So if you have work permit for Ireland, you will be able to work only in Ireland. I think you are confusing between a visa/residence permit and a work permit which are both different. Once you have a work permit you will get a residence permit (normally if the nature of your work is more than three months). There is a Schengen visa regime which is prevalent in most of Europe. This entitles you to travel within 23 ( i think) countries of Europe if you have the visa/residence permit of one country. Also, Switzerland allows visa free travel if you have residence permit of any Schengen country although it is not a Schengen country by itself. However, unfortunately, this does not apply to Ireland and the UK which are part of the EU but have not signed the Schengen protocol. So if you have an Irish residence permit, to travel to anywhere else in Europe; you will have to apply for a Schengen visa.
2 :
You can visit Dubai , Mauritius and Singapore where they are granting visa for a week only on arrival with certain fees in Dollars.Your work permit is valid for that country only.Further for your info Ireland is not the member of European Union.Please check this as referendum had gone against merger.
3 :
Shri you got your fact wrong Ireland been a member of the EU since 1973 ok check it out type that into your web browser