Friday, January 14, 2011

Can I use a british passport to work in Ireland


Can I use a british passport to work in Ireland?
OK..I was born in Canada and hold a Candian passport. My parents were actually both born in England. If I apply for a british/UK passport can I move to the Republic of Ireland and work and live as long as I want? I read somewhere that because they are all part of the EU that anyone with an EU passport can work anywhere within the EU countries. Does that count if I get a UK passport and want to live in Ireland? I've actually read up on it and the UK is actually seen as an EU country. I am actually free to work anywhere within the EU with a british passport.
Other - United Kingdom - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i dunna
2 :
Yes. If you have a passport for any EU country you can live and work in any EU country
3 :
No, you can't
4 :
Unless you are working in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom, I would bet the answer is no. The best thing to do is to contact the Irish Consulate.