Monday, December 21, 2009

What paperwork would I need to live and work in Ireland for a year


What paperwork would I need to live and work in Ireland for a year?
And if I married an Irish citizen, would that make it legal for me to stay there? I got offered a job in a real estate office of someone I used to date long-distance. It sounds like fun to live there for awhile so I was just thinking it over. Also what would I need to do to go to school there?
Other - Ireland - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, marriage to an Irish person wouldn't make it legal to live in Ireland, but it would make it easier. I doubt very much you'll get a work permit based on getting offered work in an estate agent's in Ireland, as they aren't doing a whole lot of business at the moment. And NEVER refer to university as school anyplace in Europe. You finish with school at age 18 or 19. If you are over 24 years of age, you can apply to study as a mature student (call the Admissions office and find out what documentation you'll need), but you need to realise that as a US national, you'll be paying a LOT for the privilege, a few thousand per year is the norm. Still though, that's not a whole lot compared to the extortionate amounts charged by American universities.