Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What will I need in Ireland to prove Greek citizenship and therefore work


What will I need in Ireland to prove Greek citizenship and therefore work?
I am getting my Greek citizenship (hopefully -- if anyone has been through or has information about the process please let me know), and hope to move to Ireland soon. I was wondering if I'll need a Greek passport to obtain work in Ireland or if citizenship is enough. I'm also just curious with regards to the citizenship itself... someone from the embassy told me that if I go to Athens and apply in person that it should only take a few days as my father was born there. Anyone done this? Thanks so much!
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well, I m not from Greece, but from another EU state working in the UK. But rules are about the same in all EU. You must possess passport, or national identity card in order to work in other EU state. I think you will have to go to Greece in person. If you choose fast service to obtain passport, it may take only a day, provided you have you picture and documents. I m sure you will find all the requirements on the website. If their government website is not in English, try translating it with Google dictionary, it can translate whole internet page, and then you will continue clicking links in ENglish as well. Install Google toolbar, find Dictionary and it ll be easy. This way you ll get all the info you need on what's required for the passport. And don't hesitate make phone calls before you go. Greeks are not very into detail, so it s a good idea to doublecheck avery detail. Call through internet using very well known applicaition, www.voipstunt.com - they offer phone calls to most of EU for free. Other calls may cost from 1c to 4c/min. Good luck becoming EU national!