Saturday, March 7, 2009

I am an American. What would I need to do to become legal to live and work in Ireland


I am an American. What would I need to do to become legal to live and work in Ireland?
My Husband is from Ireland and I am from America. We want to move to Ireland. I am wondering what process I would need to follow to make it possible for me to live and work in Ireland?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Here are all the details you need http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family_Member_of_Irish_Citizen You need to submit the paperwork before you move from the US to Ireland
2 :
Ireland new work permit law 1 June 2009 A number of changes to the qualifying conditions for work permits for new entrants to Ireland come into effect from 1 June 2009: More job categories will be ineligible for new work permits (work riders, domestic workers and HGV drivers now ineligible) No new permits will be issued for low-paid jobs, that is, jobs paying less than รข‚¬50,000 per year The labour market needs test will be strengthened by doubling the time a job vacancy has to be advertised with EURES/FAS to 10 weeks, and extending the time for the national press advertisement to six days Higher fees will be charged on renewal of work permits, and renewals will require a labour market needs test Spouses and dependants of future principal work permit holders will have to apply for permits in their own right subject to the standard eligibility criteria and fees for work permits Non EU/EEA welcome